In My Kitchen: Simple Pan-seared Salmon w/ Shrimp Alfredo
- 4 - 6oz Atlantic salmon fillets
- 1lb Shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Old Bay
- Onion Powder
- Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- Parley Flakes
- Peel and cut potatoes into quarter sizes. Place in a saucepan with 1-1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Add salt and garlic powder. Let boil until potatoes are tender.
- Drain liquid from potatoes. Add 1/2 cup of half and half, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley to taste. Mash until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Season salmon fillets and shrimp with Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Cajun or Creole Seasoning, and Parley Flakes.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and butter. When the pan is hot, cook shrimp until light pink. Set aside when done.
- In the same skillet, place salmon fillets top down to allow the top to sear and brown. Flip over, reduce heat and cook until medium-well.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and minced garlic. Whisk until garlic is fragrant.
- Add heavy whipping cream. Whisk until sauce begins to come to a slow boil. Add Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cajun or Creole Seasoning, and Parley Flakes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and whisk until cheese has completely melted into the sauce.
- Reduce heat. Add cooked shrimp into Alfredo sauce.