In My Kitchen: Cajun Shrimp & Crap Dip w/ French Bread
- 2lb Shrimp (peeled, deveined, chopped)
- 8oz Wild Caught Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 1/2 Stick of Butter (unsalted)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 cup Green Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup half & half
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- Parley Flakes
- Louisiana Hot Sauce
- French Baguette
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop red onion, bell pepper, garlic, and green onion.
- In your cast iron skillet sauté spinach with 1 tbsp of butter, salt, and pepper until lightly wilted. Remove from skillet and place in a separate bowl to be used later.
- Add red onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet and sauté with 1 tbsp of butter. Add Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Cajun or Creole Seasoning, and Parley Flakes. Sauté until onions are translucent in color. Add beef broth. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Season chopped shrimp in a bowl with Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Cajun or Creole Seasoning, and Parley Flakes. Add shrimp to skillet and cook until light pink, then add lump crab meat.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, crab meat, sautéed vegetables, cream cheese, spinach (drained), half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, and hot sauce.
- Add mixture back into cast iron skillet. Add remaining cheddar cheese to top, sprinkle parsley flakes, and paprika, and garnish with green onions.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Then broil on high for 3-5 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Cut French baguette into 1-inch slices. Lay on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and add salt and pepper.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes until lightly toasted.